BSHAA's annual Congress in 2017 will be at the Five Lakes Hotel and Golf Resort, near Colchester, in Essex, and already the programme looks like making this one of the Society's best ever.
It's a brilliant new venue for the event on May 12th and 13th, set in over 320 acres of parkland with TWO full 18-hole golf courses. The hotel and spa are just 30 miles from Stansted Airport, 20 minutes from the A12 Ipswich to M25 Trunk Road and 40 minutes to the M25 a location could not be handier. Colchester with regular train services into London Liverpool Street is nearby.
The theme for 2017 is “Hear well! Live well” and already there is an impressive line up of speakers:
- Dr Gyl Kaseworm, a North American entrepreneur, business expert and audiologist for over thirty years who will show delegates how to take their practice from fine to fabulous!
- Dr Robert M DiSogra, a consulting audiologist also from the USA will present on ear canal conditions relevant to hearing healthcare clinics; and the drug side effects on audiological testing
- Professor Brian Moore, Emeritus Professor of Auditory Perception in the University of Cambridge will speak on selecting and programming hearing aids for music listening
- Professor Hélène Amieva, a leading researcher in the neuro-psychology and epidemiology of aging at the University of Bordeaux in France, will present on her recently published large population-based study on hearing aids and cognitive decline that hit the audiology headlines across the world very quickly.
- Dr James Jackson, Associate Principal Lecturer in Psychology from the School of Social and Health Sciences at Leeds Trinity University who will speak on how to objectively measure the underlying stress linked to tinnitus and hearing loss.
Major hearing instrument manufacturers as well as suppliers of professional consumables and adaptive technology will support what will be the biggest UK trade show for the indpendent hearing care profession and for the first time the poster competition will have categories for students and for HADs and other qualified hearing care professionals.
The Congress dinner on the evening of May 12th, will feature BSHAA’s Got Talent. Members are being asked to register to participate in the evening’s fun which will showcase how talented BSHAA members are!
The President will be hosting a charity golf day the day on May 11th. Teams will be invited to participate in the tournament and all proceeds will be for a chosen charity. Fuller details, including costs and the schedule will appear here soon.
Finally delegates are being asked to "Bring a partner" to enjoy the hotel facilities and a visit to historic Colchester on May 12th. The day-long programme will take in Colchester's fabulous town centre starting with a 90 minute walking tour including all the highlights, followed by a visit to a local tearoom. After acream tea, there will be time to visit the Colchester Castle Museum, the Church of St Martin, the Roman Wall and Art Gallery – or do some shopping!
Members who book online before March 1st qualify for a big discount and there are also reduced prices for block bookings of four delegates or more. For details of this benefit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Dates for this event
- Thu 11 May 2017
- Fri 05 May 2017
- The Crowne Plaza Resort Hotel – Five Lakes , Colchester Road, Maldon