Audiology and Hearing Aid Careers

Starting a Career in Hearing Aid Dispensing

Before a Hearing Aid Audiogist can practice in the private sector and dispense hearing aids they must have passed either a Foundation Degree in Audiology at a university approved by Health and Care Professions Council or passed the examinations of the now defunct Hearing Aid Council  and completed 850 hours of post examination training. They must then register with the Health and Care Professions Council.   For a detailed list of HCPC approved courses click this link

If you want information on careers in the NHS please refer to the British Society of Audiology.

If you wish to become a student associate member of our Society once you start training, so that you receive our newsletter you can join here. Subscription is free whilst you are a trainee.

HCPC aptitude test

The HCPC has an aptitude test which will allow those with relevant qualifications and work experience to join the HCPC register as hearing aid dispensers. The test is primarily aimed at those currently dispensing in the NHS or abroad and who wish to work in the private sector.  Information is published on the HCPC website explaining how to apply for the test and what it involves. The test is being organised by Queen Margaret University, in Edinburgh and Southampton University and will be recognised by the HCPC. 

Latest Vacancies

Full Time Audiologist | Hearing Wales

Hearing Wales is a leading Independent Company offering five-star hearing care. We offer our services in clinics and via our home visit service, and pride ourselves on our excellent aftercare. We are looking for a Fully Qualified Hearing Aid Audio...

more >

I've done so much better! | Hearing & Mobility

With excellence as our standard, we are one of the fastest growing networks in the UK. Our unique model has helped dispensers double their previous OTE's.

more >
View all Vacancies >