NHS Audiologist? Planning a career move?

Although the work they do is quite different, a good number of our members worked in the National Health Service as Audiologists before moving to the private sector and now successfully dispense hearing aids.

However before those with relevant qualifications and work experience are allowed to join the register of the Health and Care Professions Council, which is a requirement for all audiologists working in the private sector, NHS hearing care professionals (and those who have qualified abroad, must take an aptitude test. Information is published on the HCPC website explaining how to apply for the test and what it involves. The test is being organised by De Montefort University and Anglia Ruskin University. They expect to run the test quarterly, depending on demand, and it will be recognised by the HCPC.