First of all what is BSHAA? What does it stand for? What does it do?
- We believe in delivering the highest level of care.
- We are passionate about supporting our members to achieve this.
- We are the voice of our community and will always be an advocate for the future of our profession.
There are many advantages to membership not least being part of the largest group of professionals in private hearing care in the UK. We've got almost 1,500 members here, and around the world, and BSHAA is a well respected organisation in the audiological sector.
- You will be able to use the letters MSHAA and if you become a Fellow, FSHAA after your name
- You'll automatically be a member of our Customer Care Scheme assuring your clients that the Society will help them in the unlikely event of things going wrong
- You can display the BSHAA logo in your business advertising. It's a sure way of letting customers know about your commitment to the professional values the Society promotes
As well as all the above, members who are registered HAD's can be included, free of charge, in the Find an Audiologist tool on this website which is most used by people visiting the website and can be a regular source of clients- a tangible commercial benefit.
You will receive the members-only prestigious BSHAA People magazine six times a year. It's packed with technical articles, news about the Society, new products and business developments as well as advice and professional guidance. It is also a source of news on job opportunities within the sector. You will also be able to access the member's section of this website and enjoy a wealth of information about the profession and its development, business tools including marketing support, advice on writing press releases and building relationships in your community.
Your professional development is important to us and our members have access to our online CPD management tool, invaluable as you build your learning portfolio to meet either the HCPC's continuing professional development requirements or to develop your BSHAA membership status. You'll get special rates at regular education seminars and workshops. BSHAA undertakes to provide ongoing professional development and education at reasonable cost at accessible venues around the country. Members enjoy discounted delegate rates at these events.
Watch a video about our Professional Development progamme.